Fort Wayne Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer and Attorney Blog

How to Report and Resolve Problems in Nursing Homes

Reporting Problems in Indiana Nursing Homes

If you have a problem at a nursing home, talk to the staff involved. The staff may not know there's a problem unless you tell them. If the problem isn't resolved through discussion with the staff, ask to talk with the supervisor, social worker, director of nursing, administrator, or your doctor.

The Medicare and/or  Medicaid-certified nursing home must have a grievance procedure for complaints. If your problem isn't resolved, follow the facility's grievance procedure. You may also want to bring the problem to the resident or family council.

A Medicare and/or Medicaid-certified nursing home must post the name, address, and phone number of state groups, like the State Survey Agency, State Licensure Office, State Ombudsman Program, Protection and Advocacy Network, and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit in a conspicuous place. If you feel you need outside help to resolve your problem, call the  Long-Term Care Ombudsman or State Survey Agency for your area. If you believe the problems in a nursing home constitute neglect or are injurious to patients, you then need to contact an attorney to discuss your options.

Victim of Indiana Nursing Home Neglect? 

Do you find yourself in a situation where your loved one is in a Indiana nursing home and needs help?  

Contact the Indiana Nursing home abuse attorneys at the Sweeney Law Firm today for more information. 

Fill our the online CASE REVIEW Form here