Medicare Fraud Warning Signs
This article lists some of the warning signs of Medicare fraud. Some of the signs a patient might be aware of, and some could only be caught by billing/payout personnel.
- Double billing for the same procedure, or billing fraudulently for procedures or items that were not done/ items not received.
- Equipment delivered by company that is old, used, in a state of disrepair, or not what the physician requested. Meanwhile, medicare gets billed for a brand new item.
- Unnecessary procedures or tests performed
- Fraudulently using Medicare policy number that is not your own.
- Labs may run tests on specimens that the doctor did not specify, then bill Medicare for the extra, unnecessary items.
- With nursing staff, hours can be billed for that a person never worked.
- Charging the whole amount of a procedure or appointment to Medicare without getting copayment.
To read the full article, click the link: