Signs of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
Indiana Nursing Home Signs of Abuse or Neglect
When choosing a nursing home for a loved one, you expect a certain level of individual care and attention to be provided to that person. When the elderly or disabled suffer abuse or neglect, it can be difficult for them to perceive or comprehend the extent of the mistreatment. They may have trouble speaking, suffer from dementia, or be afraid that talking about the abuse will result in negative consequences.
It is important to be aware of the common signs of abuse and neglect, and to visit your loved one often to monitor their condition. You should be alarmed if you spot any of the following:
If you notice any of these signs, it may be necessary to contact an attorney. If your loved one has been a victim, contact us today for a free consultation.
- A noticeably pale complexion
- Untreated or worsening bedsores
- Excessive and sudden weight loss or gain
- kin chafing, bruising or cuts in a pattern that suggests restraints or rough handling (hand or finger print-shaped bruising)
- Unclean rooms
- Poor personal hygiene
- Open wounds, cuts, or sores
- Untreated health problems
- Large or multiple bruises
- Insufficient or negligent supervision
- Fecal or urine stains or odors
- Excessive medication
- Tattered or dirty clothing
- Missing personal items or other theft
VICTIM OF INDIANA NURSING HOME NEGLECT?
Do you find yourself in a situation where your loved one is in a Indiana nursing home and needs help?
Contact the Indiana Nursing home abuse attorneys at the Sweeney Law Firm today for more information.